Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Confession....# 1


I have a confession to make....

I can't swim.

Okay, it may not be a big thing to some people, but to me it is. We would go to the pool when I was a kid, but it just really never came up for me to learn or really try. Unfortunately, when I was ten we went on vacation and my siblings pressured me to get on the diving board and jump off. When I got up there I became totally terrified and my brother wouldn't let me off. So in I go and I remember just going to the bottom of the 10 ft pool and struggling to get back up to the top. Since then I've been very scared of the water.

I've made it a priority that all three of my kids know how to swim. Especially since Ken is a great swimmer and I always felt like I missed out on some of the fun going on around me when I was a kid. I also don't want them to drown!

Anyway, the point of my confession is that I am taking swimming lessons!!! I've taken them twice before when I was in my late twenties, but I didn't learn much. The instructor was a young guy who was too busy flirting with all the young girls. I'm 42 now and our kids are getting older and we're do more family activities. It's time to get it done. Thank goodness my instructor now is great!

First lesson was today! 40 mins of hard work! I'm a mouth breather so it was really different trying to breathe in through my nose and blow bubbles. Now I know what my kids went through this past summer. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: